Sunday, December 27, 2009

Feeling Inspired....

   It's the end of the year, and I have a number of thoughts floating in my head.  So many things that I need to get out of my head & on to paper otherwise I'll lose them...Some of my thoughts are things I need to do now, some are things to do later.  I have a number of ideas for photos and ideas for "creating art" as my boys say....and I even have 6 different blog posts that have been swimming in my head.
  I have a number of things that I want to do involving my camera.. I love taking pictures of my kids, but now I find myself wishing I could do something... MORE... although, I don't know what more is...playing, experimenting... Maybe a little freelance? hmmmmm...I'm not sure, but it's all because of this book--{5} and here is a short little video about it...
   I've been so caught up in my mom's health for the last two years that I really could not think beyond the immediate future.  A few months ago, I decided that I owe it to my mom to "do something" and not take my life for granted. One day after my mom's doctor appointment, I dropped by Vroman's bookstore (I love that place!). As I browsed the aisles a bright red book with the number 5 caught my eye.  On the cover was written, "Where will you be five years from today?"  I flipped through the book and knew I had to buy it.
   So now as my mind has been full of things I need to do, it is now full of  things I wish I could do, and thoughts of things I might like to do.  I'm feeling inspired for the first time in a long time.  If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend you pick-up a copy.  As a side note, I just heard that Compendium is coming out with  a blog shortly.. I'll keep you posted :)

No comments: