Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Picture is Really Worth...



Shutter Sisters had a post up today called "A Picture Really is Worth a Thousand Words." Everytime I see these two pictures of my son it makes me giggle and it makes me very, very thankful.  I know they are blurry and the exposure is a bit off, but still~ they are my favorite.

You see, as some of my friends already know, my mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer in November of 2007.  It truly is a miracle that she is doing so well.  She still walks and is very active even though she is in the middle of chemo....She is a very strong and a remarkable woman and still tenacious as ever.


These two pictures were taken almost a year and a half ago, a number of months into her treatment.  At the time of this picture, she had recovered from her lung surgery, had completed brain radiation and was almost finished with chemotherapy.  My young son (nickname: Mr. Mischievious) had grabbed Grandma's wig from inside, put it on and started to do the "You can't get me wiggle/dance"... Luckily, I had my camera with me...

1 comment:

Chris said...

Okay, when I first saw the pictures, I thought, "WOW! That kid's got a head of hair!" LOL. Then I read it was a wig! These pics are awesome and the pic of your son and mom I know you will cherish for years to come. If you haven't already, you need to print and frame it. Thanks for your comments on my SS post. It's awesome to see what pictures mean to everyone.