Thursday, April 30, 2009

Creating Keepsakes - August 08


Summer photo
Originally uploaded by buneluvr

I was cleaning out some old files and thought I would share this little photo. This was the first photo that I had published in a magazine. I was asked to write a small piece about how I took the shot (long story short, I hid in the bushes). This photo was so special to me for so many reasons. First, I took the photo of my boys on the last day of their preschool. They had both gone to this school since birth, and I was moving them to the daycare at my work....so, I was a little emotional ;) Second, and more importantly, my mom was going through some really rough chemo and radiation when the magazine was going to be published. I wanted her to think about something other than the "C" word and I was happy to surprise her with a copy of the magazine. She perked up right away and then she promptly showed it off to all of her friends & family...She is so proud of her grandchildren!

I love putting a smile on someone's face when I know they need it, don't you?... {I wish I could bottle that feeling, I would make a mint ;)} ENJOY TODAY

No comments: